Subject: Your Invitation to Victoria Playmakers Tournament March 22nd– 26th, 2022
September 22, 2021
Playmakers Tournament Registrar
3454 Fulton Road
Victoria, B.C. V9C 3N2
Dear Hockey Friend:
After a long hiatus due to Covid, it is time to think about hockey again and the Victoria Playmakers is planning to host their 31st annual tournament in Victoria March 22nd – 26th, 2022.
The Playmakers Tournament:
- is dedicated to players 55 and over with 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+ and 80+ age divisions for men.
- NEW in 2022 will be a women’s 55+ division
- is a participation tournament guaranteeing 3 games/team consisting of two 22-minute stop time periods with all games played at Pearkes Recreation Centre in Victoria.
- in 2022 Playmakers runs Tuesday through Saturday. All teams should be prepared to play on any of these days but will do our best to accommodate any special scheduling requests. Please advise the Registrar by email at Registrar@victoriaplaymakers.ca if your team has constraints.
- The total number of teams for our 2022 tournament has been set at 48.
- Teams are encouraged to register on-line via our Team Registration tab. You can print the Team Registration form from the website, complete, and mail to Tournament Registrar (mailing address is on the entry form).
- The tournament registration fee is $1000.00 Canadian payable by e-transfer (preferred) or by cheque payable to Victoria Playmakers. Those choosing to pay by e-transfer can find the instructions on the Website.
- As registration is on a first-come basis it is recommended that you register and submit registration fees early to guarantee a position in the division of your choice.
- Refunds, minus a $250.00 processing fee, will be returned to teams that notify the Registrar not later than January 15, 2022 that they are unable to attend.
- Provincial Health Orders mandate that all participants (players, referees, support staff and spectators) must be double vaccinated in order to use recreational facilities (i.e. Pearkes Arena). Masks must also be worn indoors, but not required when on the ice or on the player’s bench. All participants will be required to show proof of vaccination. Any additional Provincial Health Orders that may be promulgated in the future will be followed and communicated to team managers.
- As a result of Covid restrictions, the Playmakers Tournament Committee currently does not intend to host a beer garden, a Welcome Night, nor the banquet. However, we will still be providing a quality participation gift and offering a “Knighting” certificate for first time players over 70 yrs old and also a “Hockey Exemplar” certificate for players over 80 yrs old.
Important dates to remember:
- December 1st, 2021: notify Tournament Registrar by email your intention to participate. A deposit is not required.
- January 15th, 2022: Registration and payment due date. Last date to withdraw and receive a refund.
- January 31st, 2022: Game schedule will be posted on the Tournament Schedule tab of our website: www.victoriaplaymakers.ca
Thank you for considering the Victoria Playmakers Tournament in Victoria, B.C. from March 22nd – 26th, 2022. Please check our web-site www.victoriaplaymakers.ca for further information on events and scheduling of games as we get closer to the tournament. To help the environment and avoid paper wastage, we no longer mail out a hard copy invitation letter.
Playmakers Tournament Registrar
Summary of key dates to remember:
- December 1st, 2021: teams are encouraged to notify the Tournament Registrar by email if they intend to participate. Team deposit is not required at this time.
- January 15th, 2022: Registration and Playmaker payment ($1000.) deadline & last withdrawal date.
- January 31st, 2022: Game schedule will be posted on the Tournament Schedule tab of our website
- February 14th, 2022: Team Roster submission deadline.
- February 14th, 2022: Hall of Fame “Knighting” application deadline.