- March 28th– April 1st, 2023
- All games are played at G. R. Pearkes Arena, 3100 Tillicum Road, Victoria, B.C. (click address to see map)
The Playmakers Tournament:
- is dedicated to players 55 and over with 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+ and 80+ age divisions for men.
- There is one women’s 55+ division
- is a participation tournament guaranteeing 3 games/team consisting of two 21-minute stop time periods.
- in 2023 Playmakers runs Tuesday through Saturday. All teams must be prepared to play on any of these days. Please advise the Registrar when you submit your Team Registration Form if your team has constraints. If your team has constraints you MUST indicate them in the comments on the Team Registration Form at time of registration.
- The total number of teams for our 2023 tournament has been set at 48.
- Teams MUST register on-line via the Team Registration tab.
- The tournament registration fee is $1000.00 Canadian payable by e-transfer (preferred) or by cheque payable to Victoria Playmakers. Those choosing to pay by e-transfer can find the instructions on the eTransfer tab
- As registration is on a first-come basis it is recommended that you register and submit registration fees early to guarantee a position in the division of your choice.
- Refunds, minus a $200.00 processing fee, will be returned to teams that notify the Registrar not later than January 15, 2023 that they are unable to attend.
- May register online using the Spares Registration Form via the Spares tab
- Spares Coordinator Ian Grieve (250-886-0794) or Spares@victoriaplaymakers.ca. will attempt to assign players to teams and assist team managers requiring extra players
- As of the 2023 Tournament Playmakers no longer requires that team rosters be submitted prior to the tournament. Game day lineup sheets filled in prior to each game will suffice.
- Players being “Knighted” are to complete the online form on the Hall of Fame Application tab or email the information to Admin@victoriaplaymakers.ca no later than February 14th ,2023
- Questions concerning “Player Knighting” may be directed to Butch Boucher at 1-250-658-4279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Accommodation & Transportation:
- Teams needing accommodation are requested to book directly with one of our Playmaker partner hotels shown on our website and ask for Victoria Playmakers Group Rate. In booking directly, the Playmaker Organizing Committee receives a small commission from each hotel that is directed to our charities of choice.
- Also, our website www.victoriaplaymakers.ca identifies airline partners offering discounts to registered Playmaker hockey teams.
The Playmakers organization will provide pucks for the pre-game warm-up.
Thank you for considering the Victoria Playmakers Tournament in Victoria, B.C. from March 28 to April 1, 2023. Please check our web-site www.victoriaplaymakers.ca for further information on events and scheduling of games as we get closer to the tournament. In an effort to help the environment and avoid paper wastage, we no longer mail out a hard copy Invitation Letter.
Playmakers Tournament Registrar
Summary of key dates:
- 1 December 2022: Teams are encouraged to submit their Team Registration Form if they intend to participate. A deposit is not required.
- 15 January 2023: Registration and $1000. payment deadline. Last date to withdraw and receive a refund if you paid the registration fee early.
- 31 January 2023: Game schedule will be posted on the Tournament Schedule Tab
- 14 February 2023: Hall of Fame “Knighting” application deadline