- March 22nd– 26th, 2022
- All games are played at G. R. Pearkes Arena, 3100 Tillicum Road, Victoria, B.C. (click address to see map)
The Playmakers Tournament:
- is dedicated to players 55 and over with 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+ and 80+ age divisions for men.
- NEW in 2022 will be a women’s 55+ division
- is a participation tournament guaranteeing 3 games/team consisting of two 21-minute stop time periods.
- in 2022 Playmakers runs Tuesday through Saturday. All teams should be prepared to play on any of these days but will do our best to accommodate any special scheduling requests. Please advise the Registrar by email at Registrar@victoriaplaymakers.ca if your team has constraints.
- The total number of teams for our 2022 tournament has been set at 48.
- Teams MUST register on-line via the Team Registration tab.
- The tournament registration fee is $1000.00 Canadian payable by e-transfer (preferred) or by cheque payable to Victoria Playmakers. Those choosing to pay by e-transfer can find the instructions on the eTransfer tab
- As registration is on a first-come basis it is recommended that you register and submit registration fees early to guarantee a position in the division of your choice.
- Refunds, minus a $250.00 processing fee, will be returned to teams that notify the Registrar not later than January 15, 2022 that they are unable to attend.
- Provincial Health Orders mandate that all participants (players, referees, support staff and spectators) must be double vaccinated in order to use recreational facilities (i.e. Pearkes Arena). Masks must also be worn indoors, but not required when on the ice or on the player’s bench. All participants will be required to show proof of vaccination. Any additional Provincial Health Orders that may be promulgated in the future will be followed and communicated to team managers.
- As a result of Covid restrictions, the Playmakers Tournament Committee currently does not intend to host a beer garden, a Welcome Night, nor the banquet. However, we will still be providing a quality participation gift and offering a “Knighting” certificate for first time players over 70 yrs old and also a “Hockey Exemplar” certificate for players over 80 yrs old.
- May register online using the Spares Registration Form via the Spares tab
- Spares Coordinator Ian Grieve (250-886-0794) or Spares@victoriaplaymakers.ca. will attempt to assign players to teams and assist team managers requiring extra players
- Players being “Knighted” are to complete the online form on the Hall of Fame Application tab or email the information to Admin@victoriaplaymakers.ca no later than February 14th ,2022
- Questions concerning “Player Knighting” may be directed to Butch Boucher at 1-250-658-4279 or email@example.com.
Local Accommodation & Transportation:
- Teams needing accommodation are requested to book directly with one of our Playmaker partner hotels shown on our website and ask for Victoria Playmakers Group Rate. In booking directly, the Playmaker Organizing Committee receives a small commission from each hotel that is directed to our charities of choice.
- Also, our website www.victoriaplaymakers.ca identifies airline partners offering discounts to registered Playmaker hockey teams.
The Playmakers organization will provide pucks for the pre-game warm-up.
Thank you for considering the Victoria Playmakers Tournament in Victoria, B.C. from March 22 to March 26, 2022. Please check our web-site www.victoriaplaymakers.ca for further information on events and scheduling of games as we get closer to the tournament. In an effort to help the environment and avoid paper wastage, we no longer mail out a hard copy Invitation Letter.
Playmakers Tournament Registrar
Summary of key dates:
- 1 December 2021: Teams are encouraged to notify the Tournament Registrar at Registrar@victoriaplaymakers.ca if they intend to participate. A deposit is not required.
- 15 January 2022: Registration and $1000 payment deadline. Last date to withdraw and receive a refund.
- 31 January 2022: Game schedule will be posted on the Tournament Schedule Tab
- 14 February 2022: Team Roster submission deadline
- 14 February 2022: Hall of Fame “Knighting” application deadline